Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Update & dinner tonight!!

So I had my US on my breast this am the tech said it did not look like a cyst he gave it to the radioloigist to look over, thinking it may be some dense tissue maybe do to the pregnancy?? So once the radiologist looks it over he will send results to my dr. so now I wait!

Anyhow- for dinner tonight I'm making one of my family's favoriate meals a whole chicken with super crunchy skin :) yummy!! here is the recipie I will let you know it calls for a 3-3 1/2 lb chicken but they were out of small ones so I had to get one that was almost 6lbs lol it has a time popper so I estimated this one to cook 2-2 1/2 hrs & I will watch for the little thing to pop lol

Ingredients:
.1 whole chicken (about 3 to 3-1/2 pounds)
.2 tablespoons oil
.2 tablespoons melted margarine or 2 tablespoons butter
.1 1/2 tablespoons lemon juice (can use more lemon juice if desired)
.1 1/2 tablespoons seasoning salt (or use as much as desired)
.1 teaspoon garlic powder
.1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper (optional)
.1 whole lemon -poke all over with holes using a fork, can use 2 small lemons, if you don't have any lemons you can use an onion ( I usually use an onion b/c I always have them!!)


Directions:

  1. Rinse the chicken inside and out well under cold water, then pat dry using a paper towel.
  2. In a small bowl mix the lemon juice with oil and melted butter until blended, then rub all over the chicken.
  3. Using clean hands rub the inside and outside of the chicken with seasoned salt, garlic powder, black pepper and cayenne (you can season the chicken under the skin also if desired).
  4. Place the lemon/s inside the cavity.
  5. Using cotton string tie the legs together tightly.
  6. At this point you may cover and refrigerate for up to 6 hours (not more than that or the acid in the lemon juice will start to "cook" the chicken).
  7. Set oven to 450 degrees F.
  8. Roast the chicken at 450 degrees for 20 minutes, then reduce the heat to 400 degrees and continue roasting for about 40 minutes (or until the internal temperature reaches about 175 to 180 degrees F. about 1 hour or a little less)
  9. Cover with foil and let sit for 15 minutes before slicing (do not slice before that time or the juices will flow out!).

We will be having potatoes & roasted asparagus I shake asparagus in olive oil & then sprinkle salt, pepper & cinnamon over it for about 20 mins Hope you try this sometime it's sooo good!

No comments:

Post a Comment