Saturday, December 10, 2011

Donation basket

When I was 10 and lived in South Carolina on land that our family shared, including my grandparents, aunt, uncle, and my family; I use to go down to my grannys house at the time and would watch her sew. I would help her any way she would let me. I would use her scrap fabric and make pillows, and anything else I may have had enough to do with.

When I graduated high school and moved back to Carteret county, I moved in with my Granny and Papa while attending college to do hair. On weekends I would go shopping with granny and papa all over. I soon got a sewing machine of my own, and a sewing table. I stocked up on all sorts of things to make. Pocket books, placemats, a little bit of this and a little bit of that.

Over time I slowed down making things. I focused on my marriage I have just started, and making a family of my own & I put my sewing machine away in a closet to later use. I didn't pull it out until we moved into our now home, and I found out I was having a baby girl. I knew I could make her adorable dresses, and doll her up daily. I then started getting some many complements on the dresses I was making, and the matching bows, that I decided I would start a little side business and make some dresses for friends and there little girls. So that's just what I did. I named my little shop "All Dolled Up Dailee". I haven't been currently making anything due to times being so busy with both kids, and my sewing machine was having a few problems. Now that its straighten out I think I will proceed to make some things after the new year, and starting selling again! :)So keep a eye out!

Here is a dress, one of my favorite prints that I am going to donate to Candice's cousin for the raffle they are having to help raise money for her financial funds since her husband past. I cant imagine every losing Ron. I would be lost without him. He is my better half and completes me and my family. 
I keep thanking God daily for the additional day I am give with my family and all the ones I love so dearly. You aren't guaranteed tomorrow. If you woke up tomorrow with only the things you thanked God for today, what would you have? Just something to think about and something to hold dear to your heart when you open you mouth and talk to God. I read it on a dear friends facebook, and its stuck with me since. Ron is in the National Guard Army, and he is never guaranteed that he wont be called tomorrow for another deployment. I could be the women who lost her husband due to him being over seas fighting for our freedom, or the women sitting in the hospital room waiting for the doctor to come and give her the results of her husbands surgery. You just never know. You never know just how lucky you got it. 

Here is the dress I am going to donate.
I hope this story is as touching to you as it was to me. I have two small children as you all know, and I want to live the happily ever after with my amazing husband to see my kids have children, and maybe even great grands. I have decided to never take for granted what I have and am given today. 

Karmen

No comments:

Post a Comment