Thursday, March 15, 2012

Homemade Chick Fil-A

Ok so I have been trying to get on here all day to post this but have had gymnastics & errands to run & oh ya cable guy here from 12-8 (yes you read that right 8 hrs) Trying to install Tivo & fix my Internet gah!

Anyways I want to share a recipe from pinterest I found it sounded appealing b/c we love chick fil-a here in NC!  Thanks to http://www.sixsistersstuff.com/2011/09/homemade-chik-fil-chicken-nuggets.html   I made these once hubby loved them & then I made them again last night with a little tweak & omg sooo much better!!!

Ready:
Ok so first time I made I did not have canola oil I used veg. oil (make sure you use canola it makes a difference)  Also this recipe calls for regular milk but I used buttermilk last night & WOW So much yummier :) Enjoy -Candice-


Ingredients:
1 lg egg
1 cup milk
1 lb. skinless and boneless chicken breasts
1-1/4 cup flour
2 Tbsp powdered sugar
2 tsp salt
1 tsp pepper
1/2 tsp chili powder
canola oil for frying

Preparation:
In a large bowl whisk milk and egg together
Place chicken on counter and cut into cubed bite size pieces; trim any fat that you may see
Put the chicken in the milk mixture and mix so that all is coated and place in refrigerator for at least 30 minutes
In another large bowl combine the dry ingredients listed above and stir
In cast iron pot or sauce pan pour in oil so that its at least an inch deep on med/high heat
Remove the chicken from refrigerator and place about 8 pieces in milk mixture and then into the flour mixture
Make sure all the chicken is coated with the flour and then place into the hot oil
Cook each side for at least 2-3 minutes or until golden brown (You want to make sure that chicken is no longer pink so you can cut one piece to test it out)
Place the chicken on some paper towels to soak up any oil
Repeat the same steps with the rest of the chicken and serve



No comments:

Post a Comment